JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: YES! is seeking a full-time Program Manager to be a fearless leader in a complex community. This person will serve in a leadership and supervisory capacity for YES! within the programmatic work of the organization.
TITLE: Program Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Raleigh, NC or Charlotte, NC
POSITION SUMMARY: For this multisite and multi-initiative organization, the Program Manager will lead a grant funded program focused on oral health and access to health care. The Program Manager will report to the Director of National Partnerships and will be responsible for the programmatic success of the oral health initiative, ensuring seamless program delivery, as well as contributing to national project-based work. This position will be directly engaged with a team of high school aged youth staff.
The YES! team is collaborative, committed to our mission, and relationship driven in our efforts to impact equity and social justice through youth empowerment.
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
To be successful at YES! you must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, be innovative and creative in your approach to leadership and have the skills to lead a team successfully toward our shared vision. You must have a passion for youth empowerment, a commitment to racial equity and social justice, integrity, and a great sense of humor. Bilingual (Spanish speaking) candidates preferred.
Program Leadership and Team Management:
- Bring programmatic perspective of the oral health initiative to assist in setting the vision of the organization into motion;
- Implement programs and systems that promote an anti-racist analysis, organizational equity and inclusion at all levels of staff through program development and delivery; and
- Support organizational efforts to advance equity more broadly in the youth empowerment, public health and social sectors.
- Manage and contribute to training design, including revising materials and the development of new activities and content.
- Oversee a growing team of high-functioning program staff in different geographic locations; Participate in the recruitment, hiring and orientation of new programmatic staff members.
- Work directly with high school aged youth to advance the initiative and advocate for policy, system and environmental change with an explicit focus on racial equity.
- Evaluate the performance metrics related to skills, experience and professional development needs of programmatic staff;
- Research and review significant developments and trends in the field related to access to health care and oral health, youth organizing, community engagement, racial equity, advocacy and youth empowerment.
- Contribute to the visibility of the organization and its programs locally and nationally, through presentations, trainings, conferences, etc.
- Oversee programmatic budget and outcomes collection to ensure contract and grant deliverables are met.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the nonprofit sector or applicable experience with increasing responsibility; at least three years in a team management role or leadership position with supervisory experience.
- Proven experience working with high school aged youth in a community organizing and/or advocacy capacity.
- Advanced facilitation skills, including the ability to support groups through difficult discussions, and create processes and structures to help groups move forward.
- Ability to continually analyze and evaluate processes and programs to create innovative and strategic improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional leadership coaching skills and ability to coach others to ambitious outcomes, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance.
- Proficient in technology for team management/communication and reporting systems.
- Proven ability to build relationships, trust and deep connections with diverse people and groups, communities across all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and generations.
- Position will be located in Raleigh, NC or Charlotte, NC.
- Up to 30% travel required, including national air travel.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary Range: $50,000 – $56,000. YES! provides competitive salary with generous benefits including substantial paid time off, flexible holiday schedule, full medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement, disability and additional employer paid benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by March 11, 2018. Please do not call with inquiries.
Youth Empowered Solutions is committed to building a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identity across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and many other characteristics. Individuals from historically marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.