Organizational Background and Mission:
Youth Empowered Solutions (YES!) is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization centered on the idea that real community change cannot take place without the contributions of young people. Using the YES! Youth Empowerment Model©, YES! works with youth to develop a deep critical awareness about the root causes of the issues that impact them, then works with them to develop the skills necessary to understand these complex issues, and engage in collaboration in order to effectively identify and advocate for solutions to those issues.
YES! also helps adults and organizations understand the importance of youth empowerment and build their own capacity to work with youth in ways that enhance their ability to fulfill their mission. By engaging youth in our work, organizations and communities become more creative, resourceful, tech savvy, powerful and successful at creating solutions for community challenges that are meaningful and sustainable.
YES! uses an outcomes framework and measures opportunities for youth to develop their interests, hone skills, gain experience in areas like environmental scanning, media advocacy, public speaking and being more aware of their own ability to lead community change. In FY 2016, YES! helped to bring about 25 critical changes across 18 states through 20 partners and projects, impacting 1,256,129 people.
Youth Empowered Solutions is seeking a Program Director to join the organization’s staff leadership team.
POSITION SUMMARY: For this multisite and multi-initiative organization, the Program Director has a heavy emphasis on team management and development, and establishing standards of performance across all programs. The Program Director will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the programmatic success of YES!, ensuring seamless team management, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the Program Director will manage a growing team and will be key to the internal and external growth of the organization.
Our team is collaborative, committed to YES!’s mission, and relationship driven in our efforts to impact equity and social justice through youth empowerment.
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
To be successful at YES! you must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, be innovative and creative in your approach to leadership and have the skills to lead a team successfully to our shared vision. You must have integrity, passion for youth empowerment, racial equity and social justice and a great sense of humor.
- Bring programmatic perspective to YES! Leadership team to assist in setting the vision of the organization into motion;
- Develop and implement strategies that maximize synergies among program areas, strengthen organizational culture and deepen understanding of equity;
- Develop and drive programs and systems that promote an anti-racist analysis and organizational equity and inclusion at all levels of staff and through program development and delivery; and
- Support organizational efforts to advance equity more broadly in the youth empowerment, public health and social sector arenas.
Program Leadership and Team Management:
- Manage and contribute to the curriculum/training design, including development of updated training activities and revising curriculum materials.
- Work with Racial Justice Consulting Firm to implement the outcomes and evaluation methods for YES! training and consulting; including developing timelines, milestones, and goals and monitoring progress of implementation.
- Oversee a growing team of 5 high-functioning program staff in different geographic locations; Oversee recruitment, hiring and orientation and training of new programmatic staff members in multiple YES! office locations.
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the performance metrics related to skills, experience and professional development needs of programmatic staff;
- Research and review significant developments and trends in the field and lead program staff in the development of resources and materials to address programmatic needs and requests as they pertain to youth organizing, community engagement, cultural equity, and youth empowerment.
- Consistently provide insightful and creative solutions that drive youth empowerment forward across each initiative.
- Identify new initiatives that increase impact and innovation and align with the mission and vision of the organization.
- Contribute to the visibility of the organization and its programs locally and nationally, through presentations, conferences, etc.
- Oversee programmatic budget and ensure contract and grant deliverables are met.
- Oversee implementation of the outcomes framework and pull data together annually for review.
SALARY & BENEFITS
YES! provides competitive salary with generous benefits including substantial paid time off, flexible holiday schedule, full medical and dental coverage and additional employer paid benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Close date: April 28, 2017