POSITION SUMMARY: For this multisite and multi-initiative organization, the Finance Manager is responsible for the proper management of the organization’s financial and administrative systems. This position will support a variety of organizational functions including organizational planning, human resources, IT, and general office management.
The YES! team is collaborative, committed to our mission, and relationship driven in our efforts to impact equity and social justice through youth empowerment.
TITLE: Finance Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Raleigh, NC
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
To be successful at YES! you must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, be quick thinking and responsive to a growing team and innovative environment. YES! needs a committed employee who can help build and strengthen internal capacity as the organization grows in budget, staff size and impact. The ideal candidate will be process oriented, ability to focus on details, commitment to accuracy and solution oriented.
- Maintain record-keeping, including processing bank deposits, tracking bills and invoices, accounts payable & accounts receivable, maintains financial records and all receipts; reconciles monthly bank statement
- Prepare monthly financial reports and journal entries for Board and Management review.
- Manage organizational cash flow and spending – YES! tracks grant spending in Quickbooks so experience with this is required;
- Track grant and fee for service/contract revenue and expenditures and income; prepares invoices and annual financial reports
- Track fundraising revenue including individual donors
- Prepare and monitor budgets for grant and contract proposals
- Review bi-weekly time reports, prepares reports for external payroll service, review payroll records and annual W2s and 1099s
- Assist with tracking and oversight of employee benefits, PTO/leave, disability claims, background checks and other employee-personnel related material
- Provide quality control for purchase requests, invoices and receipt tracking; Assists with maintaining vendor relationships including phone, internet, payroll vendor, insurance company, landlords, etc.
- Prepare annual budget in conjunction with Director of Operations and Executive Director
- Oversee audit process; works with external firm to prepare all documents.
- Assure that the organization is in legal compliance with all state and federal laws regulations and filings
- Apply for semi-annual tax refund
- Prepare requested financial reports for Board Meetings and Staff Retreats
- Provide administrative support to the organization for large scale meetings and events including travel logistics for trainings, assembling training materials and some data collection and entry.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years in the nonprofit sector
- Grant tracking and reporting using Quickbooks software
- Familiarity with Google Drive
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related discipline required
- Ability to continually analyze and evaluate processes and programs to create innovative and strategic improvements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with all levels of an organization
- Low error rate producing financial documents and reports
- Position will be located at YES! Headquarters in Raleigh, NC
- Ability to travel overnight if necessary
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary Range: $58,000 – $63,000. YES! provides competitive salary with generous benefits including substantial paid time off, flexible holiday schedule, full medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement, disability and additional employer paid benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2018. Please do not call with inquiries.
Youth Empowered Solutions is committed to building a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and many other characteristics. Individuals from historically marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.