IF YOU ARE A…
- Partner who has trained with us before, but has not participated in a YES! Adult Leader Training with a racial equity lens – or
- Partner who has trained with us in the last two years but would like to have a refresher for yourself or colleagues – or
- Partner looking for ways to orient your new or existing staff on youth empowerment with a racial equity lens- or
- Person who has wanted to attend a YES! Adult Leader Training but has experienced barriers to coming…
This summer, join us for one of three LIVE 2-day Online Adult LeaderTrainings designed to increase the critical awareness of youth empowerment and racial equity of “Adult Allies”. If you are interested in recruiting and partnering with a team of Youth Leaders for the first time or would like to enhance your engagement with your existing team through concrete strategies, this training is for you!
- Apply the Youth Empowerment Model® through a racial equity lens
- Understand the intersection between youth empowerment and racial equity
- Deepen knowledge of the historical and root causes of structural racism
- Learn to shift power dynamics by addressing youth equity and adultism within organizations
- Understand the current generation of youth, their motivations and effective strategies for engaging them as organizational decision makers and change advocates
- Recruitment and retention of historically marginalized youth including youth who identify as people of color and indigenous (POCI) and/or LGBTQI
- Outcomes development and action planning for organizational and community change
- Shift thinking to move from programs, to policy, to activism, and begin to highlight the interest and needs of youth
HOW AND WHEN?
Individual registration is: $150.00 per person.
This cost covers the two days of virtual training.