YES! YOUTH NETWORK | EQUITY PARTNERS
YES! Equity Partners are government agencies, foundations, nonprofits, faith organizations and community groups who would like to invest in the YES! Youth Network. In 2017, we opened the Youth Network to organizations to apply for mini-grant funding with this new focus on racial equity. With the help of an outside funder, we were able to fund 18 organizations that support youth of color as they lead advocacy efforts around policy, systems and environmental changes that are important to them.
As of January 2019, YES! opened the Network to organizations that would like to join us as Equity Partners. These are organizations that are ready to “buy-in” to get all the benefits the network provides, while investing in youth and communities of color. YES! is committed to taking a portion of the “buy in” investments to fund YES!’s Youth Network mini-grants for historically marginalized groups. The YES! Youth Network is unique because it provides ongoing support for youth and adults and creates an opportunity for members to learn, strategize, partner and NOW support each other to enhance each community’s experience.
ELIGIBILITY FOR EQUITY PARTNERS
- Can be local government agency, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, foundation or faith-based organization, community group, business
- Currently engaging youth (ages 14-18) including youth of color
- Evidence of POCI in leadership roles or willingness to diversify and sustain leadership toreflect POCI communities they serve.
- If not currently engaging youth, be willing to recruit and sustain 3-4 youth of color as organizational partners within the first year.
- Willingness to travel to NC or Georgia, or regional location (locations TBA) for youth and adult leader trainings
- Showing a commitment to racial equity
- Organization has an active advocacy focus
- 20% of the Equity Partner investment will go to provide mini-grants and support to historically marginalized communities
For more information about Equity Partnerships and join the YES! Youth Network, please contact: Jessica Daniels Jessica@youthempoweredsolutions.org