YES! offers flexible and customized training and consulting to help adults, youth and organizations further their mission and goals by applying the YES! Youth Empowerment Model. Call YES! today to find out more information about our offerings, scheduling and pricing. Contact Emily Lockhart at 919-212-4276 or email@example.com.
We Work with Adults and Organizations
YES! offers training and consulting to adults and organizations to meaningfully engage youth to address the roots of community problems.
Adult Leader Trainings
• Youth Empowerment 101
• Recruitment and Retention
• Youth Equity
• Understanding the Generation
• Strategy Planning with Youth
• Facilitation Skill Development for Youth.
One-on-One Adult and Small Leadership Team Consulting
• Understanding Youth Empowerment Theory and Implementation
• Integrating Youth into Boards of Directors
• Build or Evaluate Youth Infrastructure
• Creating Opportunities to Systematically Engage Youth
• Diversifying Recruitment of Youth Representation
• Development and Refinement of Outcomes
• Understanding Advocacy
We Work with Youth
YES! youth staff train groups of youth to become competent community advocates to address adolescent health prevention issues: teen tobacco use, childhood obesity, substance abuse and increasing access to healthcare.
Youth Leader Trainings
• Health Initiative 101 (Real Food and Active Living, Tobacco Prevention, Access to Healthcare, Preventing Underage Drinking)
• Advocacy and Action Planning
• Media Literacy, Campaign Messaging and Social Norming
• Community Assessment and Asset Mapping
Youth Councils and Events
• Conference and Summit Planning
• Facilitation of Conference Breakouts and Advocacy and Action Planning Sessions with youth or adults
• Establish or Enhance local or statewide civic engagement on Youth Councils
• Access to the YES! Youth Network of trained youth advocates
WHAT THEY SAY...
“Wow! That was such a powerful session. I’m amazed by how you were able to capture all that we shared and walk us through to a final action plan. Not to mention the great hands-on experience of conducting sessions that we will use with the students. We are ready.”
“The skills I learned from the YES! training have prepared me to manage the two young women at my organization in an empowering way. We are now partnering to plan environmental activities for the summer. Using the tools YES! provided, they have developed great ideas and have created strategic outlines for each activity.”
“Throughout the grant process, teens gained life skills that they wouldn’t have experience anywhere else. One of the biggest skills they can take away from this is the ability to analyze the way they are communicating to different audiences, public officials in particular.”
“The youth attending our 2014 Healthy Youth Summit received valuable training in how to have a voice in the decisions that impact their wellbeing and the health of their schools and communities. Through the training and hand-on educational sessions offered by Youth Empowered Solutions, we now have an additional 130 young people in our state prepared to serve as future leaders in preventing chronic disease through advocacy and peer education for the next generation of our state’s youth.”
“As a native North Carolinian, I am so very proud of Youth Empowered Solutions. For the past six years, YES! has been leading a movement of young people that have had a major role in changing our state’s social norms around tobacco use. I salute YES! for giving young people a voice and skills to make a difference in the health of North Carolinians.”