Real Food, Active Living
YES! utilizes the YES! Youth Empowerment Model to prepare youth to advocate for community policies that create environmental, systems and policy changes in their communities. YES! has two Real Food, Active Living teams that are located in Asheville and Charlotte, N.C. These youth/adult staff teams work to provide training and technical assistance to youth, adults and organizations working to engage and empower young people in community change efforts to increase access to real food and active living and decrease the childhood obesity epidemic.
What We Do
- Provide training and technical assistance to youth, adults and organizations on how to empower youth in sustainable community change efforts
- Advocate for local policy changes to support access to real food and active living
- Provide capacity building for adults and organizations wanting to engage youth more effectively
- Help groups effectively assess their communities and create action/project plans through youth-adult partnerships
- Convene youth, adults and organizations statewide to foster a movement to reduce childhood obesity
- Collaborate with state and national initiatives to address childhood obesity
For more information on the Real Food, Active Living program, contact Katie Spears at 919.878.8777 ext. 8 or firstname.lastname@example.org.